Windows 7 Connection to LMASD_BYOD
1. In Windows, navigate to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Manage Wireless networks.
3. Click Add.
4. Choose Manually create a network profile.
5. On the next page, enter the following:
- Network name: LMASD_BYOD (this is case senstive)
- Security type: Choose WPA2-Enterprise.
- Encryption type: Choose AES.
- Check Start this connection automatically if you want Windows to connect to this network automatically.
- Check Connect even if the network is not broadcasting if the SSID is hidden and you want Windows to connect to this network automatically.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Change connection Settings
8. Click Security Tab then Settings.
9. Uncheck Validate server certificate if the wireless client may not trust the RADIUS server certificate.
10. For the Authentication Method, choose EAP-MSCHAP v2.
11. Click Configure.
12. Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon on name and password if the computer is not on the domain.
13. Click OK.
14. Click OK
It may be required to specify user or computer authentication based on whether the client is part of the domain or if machine or user authentication is a condition of the RADIUS policy.
To choose user or computer authentication, from the Security tab,
1. Click Advanced settings.
2. Select the 802.1X settings tab.
3. Check Specify authentication mode.
4. Choose User authentication.
5. Click Save credentials
6. Add your username and password
7. Click OK three more times and then Close